Supplier Diversity Program | Kelly Services US
Supplier Diversity Program
Kelly’s Supplier Diversity Development (KSDD) program supports our comprehensive approach to the selection and management of diverse suppliers. KSDD processes and programs are truly unique and designed to support our clients’ Tier I and Tier II diversity initiatives. Kelly utilizes diverse staffing companies as both teaming partners and subcontractors. We encourage certified diverse companies to partner with us in providing staffing solutions to our customers across a variety of business disciplines.
Kelly’s philosophy of partnering with diverse businesses is recognition of the company’s long-standing commitment to equal opportunity for all businesses.
Read Kelly's Diversity Vision, Mission and Commitment Statement
Through Supplier Diversity Development, it is Kelly’s policy to:
- Encourage and assist Minority, Women, and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (MWDBEs)
- Develop diverse companies into strong supply and staffing partners
- Facilitate diverse suppliers in gaining access to greater business awards
Our program is supported through two principle methods:
- Kelly Procurement Solutions – established in 1990 to include the company’s product and service needs and enables Kelly to develop relationships with diverse companies as strategic suppliers.
- Workforce Solutions – formalized in 1991 as an extension of our purchasing initiatives. This program is designed to facilitate the delivery of staffing solutions by utilizing MWDBEs as teaming partners and/or subcontractors.
To qualify as a U.S. diverse supplier, a company must be at least 51% owned, managed, and controlled by U.S. citizens who are classified as one of the following:
- African American
- Hispanic American
- Native American
- Asian-Pacific American
- Asian-Indian American
- Woman Owned
- Disabled Veteran
- Small Disadvantaged
Kelly identifies and verifies diverse businesses through the following organizations and affiliations:
- The National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and its regional councils
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and its regional affiliates
- Small Business Administration (SBA)